26 December 2008

Insomnia Post

I can't sleep, so I decided now is as good a time as any for x-mas updating (with pictures, of course) (Side note about me and websites and blogs: despite better intentions, I have about a 3rd grade level taste for webpages, in that I tend to go for ones with lots and lots of shiny pictures, regardless of content. You have been forewarned.)

I may be making this up, but as far as I can tell or remember, this is the first time that I have ever missed Christmas with my dad's family. Instead, I had a lovely Christmas with Lady and her parents--a double blessing as it allowed me to make up for my Thanksgiving illness by making some pies:



I just got my hair cut, which is why it is so shiny and not like a limp mop of gross in this picture. This is not one of my aprons--but isn't it a nice one? So sunny and yellow.

I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie

This is the pecan. Remember: the best pecan pie is made with Golden Eagle Syrup . The reason it's all extra-brown is that I was telling a story when I poured the filling into the crust, and the filling sort of overflowed on one side. So it isn't burnt, it's just a bit of sugary browning on one side. Also, I added some walnuts, because I didn't think I had enough pecans.

sweetest potato

Here's the Sweet Potato. I also made an Apple and a Pound Cake, but I didn't get pictures of either (which is a shame, because the lattice on the Apple was the best looking thing I did all night).

me

Lady and Pie

That's all for now.

For those of you trying to track my whereabouts, I'll be back in Birmingham on the 31st--just for a few days to see my mama and Shiloh on their birthdays, play with kittens, and dig through some boxes. After that, it's back to Phila, where I'll be looking for a job like nobody's business and re-wiring the new sewing machine.

I already have my plane-read (well, re-read) lined up: Sexing the Cherry, Jeanette Winterson.

Night, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment