16 February 2009

All this has happened before...

So, my excuse for not writing more frequently or with more depth is in fact not because I have sunken into fits of mania, but instead because I have been working. That's right, I'm gainfully employed. I'll say more about that later, but I'm on my way to work now so I must be brief.

So, for those of you who know my mama, or are interested in the history of Birmingham in the late 60's and 70's, you should check out her blog (On the Southside) in the sidebar. She writes about her memories of being young and living on Southside and it's all really good stuff.

Particularly funny if you are me, though, is that reading through my blogroll today I got to her entry on a Jimi Hendrix show she went to at the University of Alabama when she was 16. I've heard the story before--she went in a very preppy outfit that would have been the height of cool at Berry High School, only to walk into a room of Jimi Hendrix fans who scorned her twinset. Anyway, the accompanying picture to her post is this:



Which is pretty much exactly my outfit today:



I am my mother's daughter.

3 comments:

  1. Brown and purple are a total match. I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three things:

    1. You are too cute.

    2. Gainfully employed? YIPPEEE! And judging by cute work outfit (see number 1), employed in comfy office land rather than with smarmy kids?

    3. Momma's blog link not located in sidebar. Unless I'm a dumbass, which may be true...

    ReplyDelete